Sunday 15 September 2013

I've finished the engine room

While I'm not searching for and eradicating spiders, I have been finishing the painting in the engine room. This has included touching up the edges of the floor panels with dark brown wood stain to colour match the top and bottom surfaces, completing the battens and step edges, and touching up the walls to hide the inevitable scuffs.

I think it looks a whole lot better in there but I may spend a little more time 'de-cluttering' as it has been so easy to just hang stuff off the walls thinking it should be within easy reach when actually most of it could be packed away in a nearby box.


A couple of mentions:

First a negative point - I heard a report of someone's diesel being pinched from their boat in the marina. This must have been by someone who knows a bit about boats as it's not the sort of thing an opportunistic thief would have a go at. He or she must have had a boat, a pump and maybe plenty of cans to carry it away. Anyway, be aware!

Secondly a positive - During my couple of days away this week, I took my newly purchased Ukelele and managed to learn many of the new chord shapes - all very different to guitar chords but not dificult. It is proving to be a great pleasure learning this instrument. If you have ever thought about learning, I would recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment