Monday 13 January 2014

Ouse Cruise January 2014

So far so good.
The first 12 days have passed without incident (apart from one of my leisure batteries exploding and needing to be replaced - apparently the maintenance-free battery did in fact need topping up with distilled water. I'll know next time!).
Essentially I've been pottering around the fens, moving from one mooring to the next, keeping out of the intermittent wind and rain storms, returning to Ely for supplies, visiting places on foot and on my bike, writing, practicing Uke, cleaning, polishing, touching up the paint work, chatting to passers by, and, this weekend, popping home by train to catch up with life in Suffolk and to find out if Lady Saga has taken in any lodgers while I've been away.
So far so good.
I'll post a more detailed report when I get back from my next jaunt.
BFN

No comments:

Post a Comment