Thursday 14 August 2014

Brush the dust off

Another short trip to air the boat and brush the dust off. It was also an opportunity to make a few spiders homeless. Ely was a bit busy for mid week but I found a quiet spot next to the Bridge Boatyard and I moored up for the night. Apart from a very blustery trip up the river against the current and into the sun and wind (yuk), the weather was fine and quite pleasant - sunny but not too hot.
With everything else going on at the moment, I'm not thinking about Skylark much. I hope to return to 'boating mode' as soon as the Probate thing is sorted out. Perhaps I should have listened to that warning voice in my head!

2 comments:

  1. hi Richard, I've read all of your blog so far and im finding it so interesting and very comical, me and my husband have just bought a little motor boat, a Shetland 535, theres a lot to do to it before we can use it. we're new to boating, well, we've had a couple of long weekends on a hire boat but that's about it. we live in kings lynn and hoping to get a mooring at LOM when its ready to go in the water. we have a lot to learn and im learning a lot by reading you brill blog. please don't stop, I look forward to sitting with my coffee having a read to see what you've been up to each day. all the best. lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn, Many thanks for your comments on my Blog (I sometimes wonder if anyone is reading it!). I hope you have a fantastic time in your boat and I look forward to bumping (!) into you at LOM or elsewhere on the system. If you see Skylark and me, please shout and wave your arms so I know who you are. All the best, Richard

    ReplyDelete