Monday 10 November 2014

Over 60's discounts

Having achieved 60 years plus 1 day, I am starting to gather information about the discounts I'm now eligible for. 

You see, when family and friends realise I have reached that all important age ('...but you don't look a day over 59! ha ha ha!!'), they are more than happy to inform me about some of the benefits. I had already convinced myself there aren't any, but how wrong could I be? 

Apart from the free prescriptions I have known about and looked forward to for years, it appears I am now eligible for discounts of 10% on B&Q purchases every Wednesday, discounts at some theatres and Cineworld, older persons meal-deals, leisure centre savings, free eye tests and 25% off Specsaver's glasses, senior coach cards for £10, 30% train discounts, National Trust offers, old blokes haircut days and even special rates at adult education establishments. And if that lot was not enough to be getting on with, I now learn that I may be eligible for free gas checks. Mmmm... that should come in handy as my system starts to fail!

Now all I have to do is have a word with some of those people who I thought were my friends who seem to be getting rather too much pleasure reminding me about how old I am. 

I suppose I should just grin and bear it. You never know, one day we might all be sitting in the same nursing home waiting for our nappies to be changed and I'll be able to sit there with a warm feeling of deep satisfaction engulfing my very being... and have the last laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment