Friday 24 July 2015

Denver Fish Channel

This week I went up to Denver for a couple nights staying at Downham Market, popped into Kings Lynn, all the usual stuff including cleaning, sweeping and polishing. I'm pleased to see my new mid grey roof paint is still looking good, well after only a month it should be!


Need to think more about doing the sides. I like the two tone grey approach with maybe a light coach line but I need to be sure before I set to with the orbital sander.

It was interesting to see the works EA are doing next to the Relief Channel lock. They are putting in a long stepped concrete channel for salmon and eels to reach the Ouse. This is not a small piece of work and is probably costing them an arm and a leg but good on them. It's time this sort of thing was done. I wonder what plans they have for the rest of the system.

No other news apart from the fact that the river is still quiet; not many people about yet. I guess it may start to get busy now the school holidays have started and the weekends are brightening up.

One piece of news not related to boating is the announcement that the Blog platform I use is being done away with from 15 December 2015 and that I will have to find another way of communicating with the world. I also have to work out how to save what I have already written. It may take me the next few months to achieve that!

No comments:

Post a Comment