Wednesday 18 May 2016

First Boat Inspection

Just before her fourth birthday (28 April 2016), I booked Skylark in for her first Safety Inspection and she passed with flying colours. I shouldn't have been surprised but it was a bit of a relief.

Incidentally, I was told by the Inspector that my Gas Regulator made by Clesse has been recalled. Apparently those made between June 2010 and Sept 2015 had an internal part that can rust and then fail. They will replace it foc. I just need to do the paperwork and photograph it. If you have one of these, you had better check it out on the Clesse website.

I have just completed the annual service - including an oil change, filter change, checking the air filter, checking and tightening nuts, screws and fittings, cleaning everything, tidying the engine 'ole, etc.



I'm also now making a final decision on repainting the sides. I'm considering a light green by Craft Master called Bethnal Green. This should go well with the interior pant scheme and be more serviceable than the previous brand of ICI paint. Hopefully it won't fade so much either. Time will tell.

The recommended coverage is 12 square metres to the litre (with no thinning) so, as the two cabin sides measure approximately 28 sq m and I will give it 2 undercoats and 2 top coats, that makes 112 sq m. That's just short of 10 cans of paint.The supplier is near by and carries this in stock so, if I run out, I will be able to restock quickly. The deck areas will be grey to match the roof which I did last year. So, full steam ahead. I just need to find a week of dry weather that's not too windy... or hot... or cold. Maybe Northern France?

No comments:

Post a Comment