Tuesday 13 August 2013

giffgaff mobile phone service

I have just transferred my PAYG mobile provider from Vodafone to giffgaff. I was getting pretty annoyed at Vodafone's 25p per full or part of a minute call charges. My routine calls home were becoming expensive especially if I ran over a full minute.

So, I have gone to giffgaff, a community-run service based on the back of O2. PAYG calls are only 10p (minimum) and each second over that is charged per second. Texts are only 6p. giffgaff to giffgaff calls are free. Various options are available (goody-bags) for people wanting more calls, texts and internet services. These involve monthly charges from £10 to £25.

I have transferred my old number and wait to see if the service lives up to all the positive feedback left by its members. Remember, this is a community-run organisation not a commercial organisation. It's run by ordinary people for its members, it's simple, inexpensive, they use terms I can understand and it is a refreshing change from the commercial sector.

I suggest you look at their website.

I will report back on progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment