Sunday 11 August 2013

More odd jobs

A couple of nights in Ely. It was very busy when I arrived on Friday with only one spot available under the big willow near the Maltings. This is not good place to be overnight as roosting pigeons leave quite a mess on the roof each morning. So, as another space became available, I moved. The view from my front door, just before the sun went down...


Not wanting to over-stretch myself, I decided to paint my fairly new door lock. Being a bright shiny lock, I thought it might say to any would-be-burglar, 'There must be something expensive in there!' but, of course, there isn't. So, I painted the backplate the same dark green as the door. This has helped to tone it down a bit and may deter anyone from even trying to force it open.


I also moved the internal door from back end of the bathroom corridor to the front end. Lady Saga had put in this request to help provide her with a little more 'modesty' when she enters and leaves the bathroom in a state of undress. Believe me, this was a morning well spent.

 
Now considering further excursions before the summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment