Monday 27 March 2017

I've been 'off air'

My regular reader will be wondering why I have not been reporting on my recent activities. In fact, I don't think I've posted anything since the middle of last year. So, if you've missed my ramblings, I'm sorry and hope to put things right.

My voluntary work with Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue has taken up quite a bit of time and effort, and I have also volunteered to work with the Air Training Corps as a Civilian Instructor.

I'm planning my next world trip; to circumnavigate the Netherlands by Land Rover and Brompton folding bike. Although, when I say planning, what I should say is I'm going in a few days. I hope to return, unscathed in a couple of weeks. This may be followed by another long cycle trip maybe from Bewick upon Tweedle-dee to Suffolk along the coast road but that will have to wait until later in the year.

I still have time to take Skylark out for various trips and I did actually manage to start the repainting last year. More on this to follow, including when I'm planning to finish it.

So, you can see I've been busy constructively filling my days at the Twilight Home for the Prematurely Retired and have found my Blog has just slipped to the bottom of my 'Things to do' list.

That leads me to my thought for the day - when the only thing on my 'Things to do' list is 'Do nothing but drink soup through a straw and have my nappy changed', that will be the time to concentrate more on my Blog. Goodness knows what I will write about then!

No comments:

Post a Comment