Monday 19 March 2018

Blimey, not another year.

I see it's been nearly a year since my last post and that was just a 'holding' post, explaining why I hadn't written anything for months and months.

Well, here goes, another 'holding' post and, I hope, the start of a new wave of informative and highly amusing jottings.

It will take me a while to fill you in on what I have been up to with Skylark including my latest mooring in Ely, her new paint job (inside and out), the new tv aerial, her fantastic new name sign and much, much more. I just can't wait, I hear you say!

But first of all, a word of warning. A few months ago, my computer was hacked into by a very friendly chappy purporting to be a BT Engineer. He said my broadband had shown a lot of unusual activity for a few months and he kindly said he could sort it out for me. Being a bit of numpty, I agreed and so he carried out some more unusual activity including transferring all my money from my bank account into his. Fortunately my bank agreed to pay it back as this was clearly a fraud and advise me to change all my passwords and have my computer deep cleaned, not just the occasional brush with a duster I give it.

Anyway, to cut a long and very disturbing story short, I now have a very secure internet connection with all sorts of electronic belts and braces to make sure it doesn't happen again. One ongoing problem is that all my passwords are so complicated (and no longer stored on my computer for easy access by me or any other scallywag), I have some difficulty in opening my accounts. Did you know, when you sign in, if you get just one letter, number or symbol wrong, you have to start all over again? It's a right faff but I suppose it's worth it in the end.

So, (and I use that word in the context of its original meaning, not as the the first word in an answer to a question), I will try to work out how to access my blog on a more regular basis and share with you some of my more recent activities. Most will be about Skylark but there will also be a few bits about other things like the time I tripped over my long dress as I ran across the Regal stage during a brilliant performance as the dame in Cinderella. Anyway, must go, dentist waiting to see me. BFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment