Saturday 23 November 2013

Two nights away

With a gap in the rehearsal schedule, I took Skylark down to Ely on Thursday and Friday. The weather looked more like you'd see in the north Atlantic than on the River Ouse but I managed to avoid the heavy showers that were around. With the clouds moving slowly to my left, I aimed for that brighter bit of weather to the right...


Ely on a cold, damp Thursday doesn't look its best but then where does? Thursday evening, I went into the nearby Maltings and watched a film called Le Weekend. It's what, I think, is called a RomCom - a light comedy with fairly elderly actors occasionally holding hands and questioning their lives together - just what I needed on a damp Thursday in Ely!

Friday perked up a bit and everywhere started to look as it should...It's amazing the a difference the sun makes.


During the day, I decided to strip the peeling paint off my barge poles and repaint them, and the gang plank, in dark wood stain. This worked well despite the cool air and pale sunshine. The evening was spent on the boat with a plate of steaming chips and a couple of glasses of plonk - perfect!

And to prove that I don't waste all my time, I had a practice on my Ukulele and even opened my script and read a few lines from the Panto. I've given myself the impossible target of learning one whole page per week. I'm hoping by the last performance, I will be worm prefect!

No comments:

Post a Comment