Sunday 8 December 2013

Christmas Street Fayre

What a fantastic day! The High Street was buzzing.

We converted our front room into a 'pop-up' shop and during the day we welcomed a few hundred people into our home.

Mick and Gena, our boat builders, joined us with some of their brass and copper kettles and we completed the day feeling tired but very happy with the result. It was good to see Roy Hudd, the actor and comedian, who lives nearby. He even bought one of my books. I wish I'd asked him if he wanted my autograph. After all, it's not every day you get the chance to meet an Ugly Sister in civvies.

By the end of the day we had sold loads more bits and pieces to help fund the 'Float my Boat' campaign.

Now all we have to do is put everything away and return our home to normal - but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment