Wednesday 22 October 2014

Probate arrives

Contrary to the advice on the Probate Office website that states the process should take about 6 weeks, I have now got the Letter of Administration after three and a half months. In a way, I feel sorry for the staff who obviously have a large workload but there is something fundamentally wrong with the system; I guess lack of resources, like so many publicly funded organisations these days.

Anyway, I'm pleased to get this step in the process finished as I can now get on with the next few steps of selling assets and dealing with creditors. 

If you haven't dealt with probate before and find yourself in the firing line, I warn you, it's more complicated and time-consuming than you could imagine. But look on the bright side, it's another good opportunity to practice your already stretched patience skills!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment