Saturday 25 October 2014

Scrap Heap Challenge

You know those times when you see something you like or think it may be useful but you don't know the exact measurements of the place you think it might be useful in? Well, I have those times quite frequently like seeing a nice curtain pole for sale but not knowing the exact width of the window it could fit or seeing a pair of secondhand bike tyres and not knowing the exact size of the wheels they could go on or seeing a big plate of bangers and mash with peas and gravy and not knowing exactly how hungry I am - you get the picture.

Well, this morning I had one of those moments when I found a secondhand boiler chimney lurking under a box at the local CBS...



...and I thought it might be useful on Skylark. 

It looked about the right size for a narrowboat chimney and I liked the simple chrome design but I didn't know the exact size of the fitting on the boat. Oh well, I thought, even if it's a few mil out, I can probably fit it with a nip and tuck here or there. So I negotiated hard and got the price down to 50p. The deal was done and hard cash changed hands. Back of the net!

So I'm now off to the boat to fit it, and if it doesn't quite fit, I will turn my head to finding a crafty solution.

Perhaps I should rename Skylark, 'Scrap Heap Challenge'.

(Thinks...I'm sure there's an anagram in there somewhere but I can't find it. Answers on a postcard please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment