Friday 23 January 2015

Boat sitting in the cold

Having decided again not to winterise Skylark, I have spent nearly two weeks on board, with a couple of trips home to just find out if Kay still lives there.

While temperatures have got well below freezing, I have been snug inside with a fully functioning central heating system and a coal fire. Most days have been fine and sunny but of course they have been short and cold.

And just to prove how exciting my time has been, the highlights include:

  • My first sighting of a fox taking a drink at the river.
  • Lots of herons, ducks, kingfishers, swans, geese and grebes; many of which are already displaying mating behavior.
  • I found 4 fenders of various sizes and colours, a 2.5m wooden barge pole and a red and white surveyors ranging rod (useful as a taller tv aerial pole).

I also found a very competitive marina to re-black the underside of Skylark. (The other local marina I asked wanted both my arms and both legs in payment so the decision was easy.)

It's a busy life!

Now some pics...

This morning in Ely with the sun coming up.


Did I say it's been cold? 


Me, wearing my 'Should have gone to Specsavers' hat but at least it keeps the ears warm during a minus 4 headwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment