Saturday 24 May 2014

Chicken run 2

In between showers and doing other things like tending to the local polling station for 18 hours, I have completed the chicken run at home.



Utilising my finely tuned design and building skills, coupled with sourcing the very best reclaimed materials from the back of my shed, it stands majestic in the corner of the garden just awaiting the arrival of its new occupants from the village of Mendlesham.

Molly's old kennel has been brought back into service as the brooding box, gash lengths of 2"x1" are being used as perches for them to roost on and we're now thinking about names, no, not for the chicken run, but for the chickens themselves. We will wait until we return from our trip to Northampton, but names that have already gone into the hat include Camilla, Fergie, Delia, Cilla and Kylie, and if we were having a cockerel, I think Gregory (Peck) would be a good one.

Anyway, I may post something before the trip but, then again, I may not.

Oh, a date for your diary - July 13th - the Street Fair in Needham Market. We're selling off a few more bits and pieces I have collected over the years as well as few items from my growing Ukulele collection.

This is a nice one you might be interested in...



Go on, you know you want to...

No comments:

Post a Comment