Monday 5 May 2014

Italian Flag?

During my latest catch up call with one of my sons, he mentioned the colours of  my new tiller matches the Italian Flag. Do you know, while I was painting it, I had a strange inkling I'd seen it somewhere before but I couldn't put my finger on it!



Anyway Matt, it got me thinking, you'll be pleased to know, I haven't got anything for or against Italy. I'm sure they are all very nice people who make lovely Neapolitan ice cream and sing great songs in Italian but, to be truthful, I can take them or leave them. 'Phew', I hear you say. 

But then I haven't anything for or against any of the other countries with red, white and green flags like Algeria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Burundi, Hungary, Iran, Ingushetia, Italy, Lebanon, Madagascar, Maldives, Mexico, Oman or our own lovely little Principality of Wales. 

As a person born and bred in England I would have gone for our own national colours of red, white and blue, if I'd got some blue paint, but I didn't, so it had to be red, white and green. I just mention all that in case there is any misunderstanding about my motives.

Btw, as I'm talking territories here and Scotland are about to vote whether to stay in the UK, I'll just take this opportunity to say I do quite like Scotland, especially the Cairngorm Mountains, and hope the Scots don't go swanning off on their own. 

I dread to think, if we carry on like this, the Cornwallians will want independence next! Where would it all end?

Anyway, here's a question for you: Why can't the English, Welsh and Northern Irish vote on the Scotland issue? Arn't we old enough?



(Matt, Good luck with the new job. I know it's all a bit top secret at the moment but hope you will soon know what it involves! Just let me know when the diplomatic car will be picking me up for a visit. I'll stock up on the Ferrero Rocher Chocolates.)




No comments:

Post a Comment