Monday 12 May 2014

Chicken Run

In the spare time between boating trips, Kay and I have decided to convert part of our garden to rearing chickens. 

(Note: The taxman doesn't need to get involved because the plan is to only have 4 chickens for our personal use so I don't think he, or Bernard Matthews, has anything to worry about.)

My research has proved they are easy to establish and look after, they make good undemanding pets and pay for their upkeep with a constant supply of organic eggs. 

So the area currently set aside for the clothes dryer and garden clutter is to be converted to a chicken run.


This seems quite small but I'm told this is adequate for 4 chickens and will really only be a sleeping and roosting area. When someone is at home they will be able to have full run of the garden to peck about in.

I'm hoping, with a bit of time and commitment, I my be able to train them to be guard chickens, a bit like farm geese. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment